Thursday, April 16, 2009

Knee surgery!

So I am having knee surgery on the 7th of May. One day after Allie's 4th birthday. It turns out that my knee wasn't as bad as first thought. I have to have it scoped and a piece of my knee cap removed because it never fused when I was younger.
Turns out that the piece of the patella is the cause of all the pain. Got to love it. I am excited and scared. I am excited to have it done and hopefully my knee will feel much better. But scared because I don't know if they are going to find out that it is more than that.
I have a great Doctor so that is a relief. (Dr. Walentine)
I am trying to decide if I should have Allie's party before the surgery or the Saturday after. I am leaning toward having it on her birthday. (We are taking her to build a bear) Kami's birthday is 2 weeks after the surgery so hopefully I will be up to throwing a fun 1st birthday for her.

5 comments:

The Beardall's said...

Do Allie's before the surgery. She is old enought that it is a big deal to have the party as close to the day as possible.

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Do it before Allie's surgery! I had my knee surgery when I was 19 and hobbled around on crutches for 4 weeks following. You'll have a lot more fun and enjoy it if you do it before.

Do you need any help with anything when you have your surgery? Let me know.

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Do it before Allie's birthday, because I can't type right :)

Brittney said...

i would definately do it BEFORE! you just never know how recovery will go. i hoped to be to work a day before i could actually get back to work after my gall bladder removal surgery! good luck with it!!

Tiffany said...

I have decided to have her party on her Birthday. That is the day before my surgery!! We are going to build a bear.